Accidental death related to unsafe sleep habits is the No. 1 cause of infant mortality in Missouri’s Bootheel. But it’s not just remembering to place your baby on his or her back to sleep or ensuring that your baby’s crib or sleep space meets current safety guidelines (both of which are very important). We know more about the causes of infant death today than we ever have, which makes it critical to educate caregivers on other key factors that put your baby at risk.
Did you know?
– That blankets or other loose bedding in your baby’s crib are a suffocation hazard?
– That pillows, stuffed toys or crib bumper pads in your baby’s crib are suffocation and choking hazards?
– That babies should never co-sleep with adults, other babies or children?
– That sleeping in a car seat puts your baby at risk for choking and suffocation?
– That babies should only sleep in a crib or other safe sleep surface with a tightly fitted sheet?
Make sure that everyone who cares for your child is aware of these dangers. We’ve made it easy. Just screen shot the list below and text to friends, family and caregivers to help educate them.